Dentistry/implant denture

Question
QUESTION: I had implant surgery today. The dentist plan was all on 4 both upper and lower. Just as procedure was to start he informed I didn't have enough bone for upper all 4 implants...only two. He then recommended two in upper front to support full denture. Is two implants enough in the front to keep a full denture stable? Also I didn't won't the pallet material in the denture. That was the main reason I was having this done. What do you thinl..should I ask for additional mini implant along with the two 8 mm installed

ANSWER: It would be unfair of me to express my opinion without all the diagnostic info necessary. That being said I prefer 4 implants on the upper for an overdenture and I do not use mini implants . If I can't place a full body implant I prefer no implant or develop the site to allow placemt of a full size implant.

QUESTION: The surgeon did a bone graft on my left upper jaw. They are talking about another bone graft on the right upper jaw or a sinus lift. Is one procedure better than the other and less painful? They also intend to do the implant at the same time. Is that recommended?

Answer
The site has to be developed to allow implant placement .the choice of a sinus lift or other bone augmentation procedure should be the treating doctors not yours. They have to have the clinical experience to decide which is best for you. There are cases where I would place the implant and graft at the same time. Again it's the clinicians call, that's what you're paying for ,their expertise.  

Dentistry

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.