Dentistry/Replacing bridge with partial denture

Question
Hey Doc. Im a 58 yo male in good health. I have a lower bridge located on lower jaw right in the front that holds two teeth. It recently broke and I went to see the dentist to get it re-glued. They said I should get a partial denture which I agree with. When I went back for them to get a molding I asked then to put my bridge back in until the partial bridge came back for fitting. They said it couldn't be done. This took me by surprise! I asked them''theirs no way you can remove this bridge when my partial bridge is ready'' No they said. Well I'm getting a second opinion this Thursday. Is this true? With all the new advances today I am really shocked. Cant they grind the bridge out?

Answer
Hi Brad,

It depends on where your bridge broke off and the condition of the roots holding on to the bridge.
That said, 90% of the dentists would have probably said the same thing b/c it's not easy to put back a broken bridge most of the time.

-John Kong, DDS
Betterlivingdentistry.com

Dentistry

John Kong, DDS, www.betterlivingdentistry.com