Dentistry/dental implant question

Is sinus augmentation normal in dental implants? and are there any implications involved? and my dentist say that he would take all of my upper teeth out and after 4 months he's going to start the implants? and is it true that most insurances don't cover sinus augmentation?

Sinus grafts are quite common. There are risks as with any surgical procedure ask the treating doctor to explain them to you. This is a routine procedure in the right hands. I don't think any plans cover it . Sounds like whatever you were told is on target.

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.

I`m a practicing general dentist for 29 years. Member of ADA,NYSDA,SDDS. In addition I am a fellow of the ICOI.My emphasis is on Implant Dentistry .I would be happy to answer questions regarding implant dentistry as well as general dental questions. Ofcourse within the limitations of no clinical exam and the absence of radiographs .

Private practice for 29 years. Have kept up to date with continuing education throughout that time.

ADA,NYDSA,SDDS,ICOI fellow,Penninsula Hospital Dental Society

NYU College of Dentistry DDS 1984 NYU College of Dentistry Surgical and prosthetic implantology program 1999-2001