Dentistry/dental implant question

Question
Is sinus augmentation normal in dental implants? and are there any implications involved? and my dentist say that he would take all of my upper teeth out and after 4 months he's going to start the implants? and is it true that most insurances don't cover sinus augmentation?

Answer
Sinus grafts are quite common. There are risks as with any surgical procedure ask the treating doctor to explain them to you. This is a routine procedure in the right hands. I don't think any plans cover it . Sounds like whatever you were told is on target.

Dentistry

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.