Dentistry/Implants. And extra tons

I have a tooth that I would like an implant put in, however the next tooth directly behind it needs to be extracted. Can I go ahead with the implant or do I need to wait until the extraction site has healed?7

I see no problem with having the tooth extracted and the implant done. I think you could probably do both at the same time if your surgeon would be up for doing that for you.  The implant needs time to stabilize and the extraction site should have plenty of time to heal.

Dr. Karmen

Thomas Karmen

All general dentistry questions, especially those related to fixed prosthetics. Endodontics, Periodontics, and implants, minor oral surgery I can't answer much about othodontics nor advanced treatment of carcinoma nor deep tissue surgery nor osseous surgery such as jaw reduction or advancement.

DDS In general practice and consulting with having done some lecturing for local dental societies.

ADA and Florida Dental Association and Iowa Dental association

DDS degree