Dentistry/Mouth Guard Changed Bite Quickly

Question
Hi, I just bought a boil and bite mouth guard because I tend to clench/grind my teeth at night. I have only worn it for a week and my bite suddenly feels different. There is just one top tooth (I believe it is the first bicuspid) that feels almost like it has pushed in a little bit. It seems to be hitting quicker than the other side of my mouth. Is this possible after only wearing the guard at bedtime for a week? And will it shift back to normal quickly if I quit wearing the guard?

Answer
Anything is possible with the use of a mouthguard that is not supervised by a properly trained dentist.  Things could get better or they could get worse.  Dental treatment is not a do it yourself project.  Clearly you have a problem with your bite.  My advice is to have a proper examination by a dentist before this situation becomes more complicated and more problematic.

Dentistry

Dr. Randolph Myerson