Dentistry/RCT and going to go on a flighy

Question
Dear doc
I'm due too have a root canal next Tuesday and fly out at Christmas a long flight
my dentist said he would do the first part and second part when I get back to the UK
however of he is just cleaning out ant putting a cleaning solution in the tooth will be air tight
so when on the flight won't it cause pressure in the tooth as its hollow and no where for the air to go surly that would cause pain in the tooth

1 . Is it best waiting until I come back too have it done

2. Shall I tell him complete both stages one and two before flying

i don't want pain I looked on the world health site WHO and that recommended not too fly until all RCT treatment completed very confused

Answer
Hello Kevin,

I had never heard of such a thing about flying and root canals.  So of course I googled your question, and most dentists suggest waiting 5 to 7 days after having such a procedure performed.

In my opinion there is no way to guarantee there will be no pain in your tooth.  In fact some of the dentists said that there could be pain in other parts of your jaw, or even your ear.  I think there is just no way to know for sure.

If you can wait, then you should do the first part and second part after you get back to the UK.

Best Regards,
Jonathan
Patient Point of View  

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble