Dentistry/tooth #18 hurts

Question
Good Evening,

I recently went to Dental because I was having pain on number 18. The doc took a bite wing and a PA of that tooth. He said he didn't see any decay, but he noticed I had an occlusal composite filling. So 7 days ago, he removed the composite and place an amalgam filling in it. It's been a week and I am still experiencing pain to cold and it lingers. Being that the Doc said he didn't see no suspicious shades by my pulp on the radiograph, should I be concerned? He placed a base using Vitra bond and titan amalgam. Any suggestions would be great.

Answer
hello reed,
sensitivity of tooth after a recent filling is not an uncommon occurrence, however it can also be a sign of poorly done filling/ wrong line of treatment etc. it would be wise to get a second opinion. or you should probably post an xray "before & after" of the tooth for us to opine upon.
best wishes

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS