Dentistry/upper canine tooth

Question
It turns out that my upper canine tooth is dead and needs a root canal. Is it noisy? i have tinnitus and dont want to worsen it.

Also is it true that it is best not to extract this tooth since it affects the functioning of the jaw?

Answer
Dear Jim:
To my knowledge there is no connection between root canal treatment and ringing in the ears.
However, the best thing to do is to keep as many of your own teeth in a healthy condition as possible, especially the Canine.  The upper canine is incredibly important since it is a tooth that supports our facial structures. Talk to your dentist and express your concern about the ringing in the ears, even though it should have nothing to do with the treatment.  Do all the best you can to save your specific canine and all your other teeth.Best of holidays and a happy new year.

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.