Hello had sines lift and bone graft to replace #3 about  6 days ago, i went to see my O.S for fallow up. She said every thing is looking good but i told her i have throbbing on my #4 and #5 tooth which  are already had root canal done. I'm taking ibuprofen for now. But why i have pain on my next two teeth ????? By the way i have night guard too do to grinding and crunching at night. Can you PLEASE help me to understand why i have lots of discomfort on those teeth? x-ray shows no infection and i am taking my Clydomyson and my Nasonx too !!
Thank you

Monica - Of course, without examining you or viewing xray films, it is a little difficult for me to be sure, but from the symptoms you describe, on of two possible causes come to mind.

1) The surgery may have stirred up a sinusitis in the region of teeth #4 & 5

2) During the surgery and the sinus lift, the surgery irritated or violated the roots of the two teeth and causing inflammation of the ligament surrounding the teeth and holding it to the bone.

Of course, I cannot be sure, but the second sounds more likely, but you also might have a sinus inflammation.

You need the surgeon to be a little more attentive and better define the cause of your pain and address it.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude