Dentistry/Gum Tissue

Dr. Tieg. My prosthodontist wants to give me an office hard reline, after changing from a lab reline because he said not enough impression material would be on my lower cast metal partial, because I have lost a lot of bone and now the partial is sinking on the right side. I am worried about the chemicals that are in my mouth, because it has to cure. I told them I had a sore spot and he knows I have a callus that has been there for years. He cannot get me in the office until March 4th.  Thanks

JoAnn  - Without visualizing the callus or sore spot it is a little difficult for me to tell you if handling those areas first might be advantageous to get a better result.  If those areas are inflammatory induced they need to resolve first to achieve a proper overall result.  So unfortunately, you might be without any partial if they are inflammatory in origin.  If your prosthodontist cannot give you an answer or cure those areas first, holding off and letting those areas heal first would be better for a good result.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude