Dentistry/new or rebuilt

Question
Dr. A dentist told me once that getting a reline is better than getting the actual acrylic partial. Is this true? I thought a new one gets the accurate fit the  first time. Thanks

Answer
this all depends on what you have at the present time. if you have a nice metal frame partial denture and the framework fits well, then a reline is the better way to go. the reline makes things fit closer and better. now if the framework no longer is good, then your choice is a new partial denture and then you then decide between a new metal framework or an all acrylic type. that is a case by case decision depending on the clinical situation. i hope this explains what your dentist is thinking here. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS