Dentistry/new or rebuilt

Dr. A dentist told me once that getting a reline is better than getting the actual acrylic partial. Is this true? I thought a new one gets the accurate fit the  first time. Thanks

this all depends on what you have at the present time. if you have a nice metal frame partial denture and the framework fits well, then a reline is the better way to go. the reline makes things fit closer and better. now if the framework no longer is good, then your choice is a new partial denture and then you then decide between a new metal framework or an all acrylic type. that is a case by case decision depending on the clinical situation. i hope this explains what your dentist is thinking here. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Jeff Dalin DDS

general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children

Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.