Dentistry/Pain After Root Canal

Question
My husband has had persistent pain from a root canal #13 left upper jaw performed in November 2013. His pain radiates from that tooth into his Left cheek,eye and scalp is tender as well. His eye is even swollen. He called the dentist and was told that the pain was not from the tooth, but from his sinuses. He now went to an ENT and had a sinus CT, which only showed minor sinus congestion. He has been on 2 course of antibiotics with no little improvement. We still think it is related to this root canal, but don't know what to do next as the dentist that performed the root canal is dismissive. He did go to another dentist for a 2nd opinion,and they took x-rays but that was it and they could not isolate the problem.
Thanks
Carrie

Answer
Carrie-a tough situation for me to arrive at a diagnosis of the origin of those swellings.  It might be best to have yourself examined by a board certified oral a d multiracial surgeon or ha yourself evaluated at a dental school to attempt to derive the cause.  There are three dental schools in Pennsylvania and quite a few board certified oral and multiracial surgeons. If you want, get back to me and tell me where you've and I can provide appropriate names of both to help define e the cause.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired