Dentistry/Root Canal

About 4 weeks ago, I got an pulpectomy in my top molar from my dentist because I had a really painful toothache.  Everything went fine, after the pulpectomy procedure, I felt no pain. He told me that i would need to come back for a root canal. So the following week I did. He begin the root canal procedure. Yesterday, I went for my second root canal visit and now i am in pain and it almost feels like the toothache i had before. Is this normal? If i was fine with the pulpectomy, was it really necessary to get a root canal?

Sometimes when the tooth is being filled, the excess pressure from the sealer material can cause discomfort. You may feel pressure and tenderness in the area. If this occurs, it usually only lasts a few days and then subsides. If it still hurts after a few days, you should return for a followup visit.

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD

I can answer a range of questions in dentistry, ranging from cosmetic dentistry, fillings, root canals, and comprehensive treatment. Specifically, my fields of interest are in CEREC technology, Invisalign (Invisable braces), and Endodontics (root canals).

Full time practicing dentist in New York City, treating all phases of adult dental needs. Specific focus on Invisalign cases, Endodontic (root canal) treatment, and CEREC single visit restorations.

Schwartz Benjamin, Boczko Fae, McKeon S. Oral Care For The Elderly. Perspectives in Gerontology December 2006

New York University College of Dentistry - D.D.S.
Woodhull Medical Center, 1 year post-graduate residency program - GPR