Dentistry/Root Canal

Question
Hello,

About 4 weeks ago, I got an pulpectomy in my top molar from my dentist because I had a really painful toothache.  Everything went fine, after the pulpectomy procedure, I felt no pain. He told me that i would need to come back for a root canal. So the following week I did. He begin the root canal procedure. Yesterday, I went for my second root canal visit and now i am in pain and it almost feels like the toothache i had before. Is this normal? If i was fine with the pulpectomy, was it really necessary to get a root canal?

Answer

Sometimes when the tooth is being filled, the excess pressure from the sealer material can cause discomfort. You may feel pressure and tenderness in the area. If this occurs, it usually only lasts a few days and then subsides. If it still hurts after a few days, you should return for a followup visit.

Dentistry

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD