Dentistry/Why is it?

Question
Hello dr. :) i have another question since my sinus lift still have discomfort and pain on my check area i notice it i have very bad test and bad smell in my mouth and I'm seeing off white stuff coming out of the area that OS left it open and she told me i keep some opening for you to drain !???? i didn't understand first but i asked my brother that he lives in different stat and his a prosthodontist and he asked me why your dr. left any opening for drainage ? unless dr. already Sean infection at that area that she opened it and if she Sean any infection she should of NOT place any bone graft in first place. What should i do ? i have still 5 more days left my antibiotic too
:(
Thank you
Monica

Answer
Monica - It seems more evident that your surgeon is not knowledgeable.  I wish I could specifically recommend you to a different one, but you need a second opinion from a different surgeon.  You may eventually need to be examined at a major medical center with oral and maxillofacial surgeons and ear, nose and throat doctors.  In Arizona I am not sure where I can refer you, but you may need to see doctors elsewhere with more knowledge.

Closest to you us probably LA.  If you wish, I can provide names and a location if this problem does not resolve.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired