Dentistry/dental bridge

Question
hello dr fredrick,

I have a dead tooth in my mouth and where I live they  don't do implant cuz its not a civilized country...they only do bridges....am scared to do the dental bridge cuz of having to cut down  the 2 adjacent teeth to attach the bridge therefore I have to sacrifice 2 healthy teeth to replace one and I donít want to weaken the 2 teeth and have decays under the crowns and suffer in the long run from more tooth damage and financial costs for fixing my teeth ?
what happens if I keep the dead tooth and leave it alone ? do u advice  me with the dental bridge although havig to compromise 2 healthy two teeth or just leave the dead tooth alone ?

thanks

Answer
Until very recently we did not have implants; people have been getting bridges for many, many years, and they work fine. Keeping the "dead" tooth is not an option - you risk having it abscess and cause further problems. Your options are to have that tooth removed and either replace it with a bridge or a removable partial denture, or just live with the empty space.

Dentistry

Frederick R. Liewehr DDS, MS, FICD