Dentistry/dental bridge

hello dr john,

I have a dead tooth in my mouth and where I live they  don't do implant cuz its not a civilized country...they only do scared to do the dental bridge cuz of having to cut down  the 2 adjacent teeth to attach the bridge therefore I have to sacrifice 2 healthy teeth to replace one and I donít want to weaken the 2 teeth and have decays under the crowns and suffer in the long run from more tooth damage and financial costs for fixing my teeth ?
what happens if I keep the dead tooth and leave it alone ? do u advice  me with the dental bridge although havig to compromise 2 healthy two teeth or just leave the dead tooth alone ?

Dear Lama,

You should remove the 'dead' tooth.  Also, if dental implants are not available to you, a bridge is considered a reliable form of dental restoration.  How long it last depends on how well it's made to fit your tooth and how well you keep it clean.

John Kong, DDS,

I am a board-certified periodontist and an expert on dental implants. I am currently in private practice at Better Living through Dentistry. I can answer questions related to the treatment of periodontitis (gum disease), dental implants, sinus lifts, bone grafts and gum grafts.

My practice focuses in the field of periodontics and dental implants. I enjoy working with dental specialists to coordinate full mouth reconstructions and cosmetic dentistry.

American Academy of Periodontology, American Board of Periodontics, American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, Queens County Dental Association

BA - Wesleyan University, DDS - SUNY Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine, Certificate in Periodontics - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey