Dentistry/dental bridge

hello dr crystal,

I have a dead tooth in my mouth and where I live they  don't do implant cuz its not a civilized country...they only do scared to do the dental bridge cuz of having to cut down  the 2 adjacent teeth to attach the bridge therefore I have to sacrifice 2 healthy teeth to replace one and I donít want to weaken the 2 teeth and have decays under the crowns and suffer in the long run from more tooth damage and financial costs for fixing my teeth ?
what happens if I keep the dead tooth and leave it alone ? do u advice  me with the dental bridge although havig to compromise 2 healthy two teeth or just leave the dead tooth alone ?

Is the tooth gone?  They can only do an implant or brige if there is a space.  In the US there is something called a Marilyn Bridge which is bonded to the inside of the other 2 teeth, so they are not cut down.  Ask if that is available there.  But do not keep an infected tooth under any circumstances, it can cause bad infections which can even kill you.

Crystal Baxter DMD< MDS

Dental malpractice issues, Prosthodontics. Geraitric dentistry, complications from dental treatment including nerve damage, TMJ, brain abscess, infections, sinus perforations, fatalities.

30 years of dental practice, 17 years teaching, University of Illinois, and Northwestern University. National lecture series on dental implants and treatment planing, 18 years as dental expert witness in dental leagl issues.

14 publications, see CV on website.

see credentials at Includes, graduate of University of Pittsburgh, DMD, certificate of Prosthodontics, Masters of Dental Science, certificate of Geriatric Dentistry.

National lecturer, various TV and radio spots including CNN and interviews by Debra Norville.

National expert witness experience, plaintiff, defense, and personal injury.