Dentistry/dental bridge

"hello dr lawrence,

I have a dead tooth in my mouth and where I live they don't do implant cuz its not a civilized country...they only do scared to do the dental bridge cuz of having to cut down the 2 adjacent teeth to attach the bridge therefore I have to sacrifice 2 healthy teeth to replace one and I donít want to weaken the 2 teeth and have decays under the crowns and suffer in the long run from more tooth damage and financial costs for fixing my teeth ?
what happens if I keep the dead tooth and leave it alone ? do u advice me with the dental bridge although havig to compromise 2 healthy two teeth or just leave the dead tooth alone ?

If your "dead" tooth is restorable, then it can have a root canal and a post and a crown. Leaving it alone is not a good option.  If there is not sufficient tooth structure remaining, a fixed bridge can be a good option, as long as the teeth adjacent to the space are prepared correctly and a well fitted bridge is made. Implant restorations are nice, but they are not the only good option in a situation where the teeth on either side of the space are good candidates for becoming bridge abutments.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics