Dentistry/Dental cement

Hi Mr Schwartz, I had a gold crown removed when I had root canal treatment. It was cemented in place. I am now hoping to sell the crown, but am wondering if there is any way to remove the residue of dental cement from the crown first? I have read that this cement is resistant to a lot of acids, so is it a case of scraping it or is there another way?

Best regards

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this question.

You can scrape the heck out of it, and that should get the cement out.:)
However, you can also use a jewelry cleaner/steamer and this should help soften the cement somewhat. Finally, you can always bring it to your dentist and see if he/she can remove the cement for you.

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD

I can answer a range of questions in dentistry, ranging from cosmetic dentistry, fillings, root canals, and comprehensive treatment. Specifically, my fields of interest are in CEREC technology, Invisalign (Invisable braces), and Endodontics (root canals).

Full time practicing dentist in New York City, treating all phases of adult dental needs. Specific focus on Invisalign cases, Endodontic (root canal) treatment, and CEREC single visit restorations.

Schwartz Benjamin, Boczko Fae, McKeon S. Oral Care For The Elderly. Perspectives in Gerontology December 2006

New York University College of Dentistry - D.D.S.
Woodhull Medical Center, 1 year post-graduate residency program - GPR