Dentistry/detal bridge

Question
hello dr Benjamin,

I have a dead tooth in my mouth and where I live they don't do implant cuz its not a civilized country...they only do bridges....am scared to do the dental bridge cuz of having to cut down the 2 adjacent teeth to attach the bridge therefore I have to sacrifice 2 healthy teeth to replace one and I donít want to weaken the 2 teeth and have decays under the crowns and suffer in the long run from more tooth damage and financial costs for fixing my teeth ?
what happens if I keep the dead tooth and leave it alone ? do u advice me with the dental bridge although havig to compromise 2 healthy two teeth or just leave the dead tooth alone ?

thx

Answer

Sorry for the delay.

I would urge you to take the tooth out if it is dead and not treated. This can lead to a big infection and other complications.

However, if the other two teeth are not compromised, then I would urge against a bridge if possible. Nowadays, implants work much better than bridges.

With that being said, if you do get a bridge, as long as you are meticulous to keep it clean, then it should also last for many years.

Good luck!

Dentistry

Benjamin Schwartz, DDS FAGD