Dentistry/Desprately need sedation dentristry and upper dentures

I am a 56 year old retired Flight Attendant on SSDI with Medicare that does not cover any sedation dentistry and in need of upper Dentures. I have fought for years to keep my teeth, but am losing the battle. I live in Dallas, Texas where we have Baylor Dental College, but cannot even afford their Dentures. As a cancer survivor it just seems I am fighting a losing battle in the Dental Arena. My Humana Advantage Plan OSB will only cover 50% of 2 extractions a year. Do you know of any organizations in Dallas that can help a now disabled person bring that bright smile back to me. I am becoming more self consious and depressed over the fact that I spent thousands over the years to preserve my smile, but without the great insurance I used to have and the income gone except for SSDI and a small pension which just covers the nessities of life and trying to pay off medical bills from the waiting period to get Medicare. Are there any resourcss you could help me find in the Dallas area to bring my beautiful smile back to light. I am willing to make responsible payments, because I have been turned down by Care Credit. I would be extremely grateful for any advice you could pass my way, Sincerely, Lori

Dear Lori,

I'm sorry to hear about your plight.  There are many in the same circumstances as you.

Contact your state dental association (Texas Dental Association).  They may be able to help.  If you have not yet, contact your county and local social services departments.

As a last resort, there is Donated Dental Services.  Google them.  They can usually find someone to help.

Let me know what you find out, so I can help others in similar circumstances.

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO

I am a Family, Implant and Cosmetic dentist. I will answer questions on any aspect of dentistry and matters relating to the smile, gums, jaws and lower face. Member American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, and Atlantic Coast District Dental Association. I have served as District Council Member of Alpha Omega, as well as serving for one term as its President. I am also a member of The Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, and Mount Sinai Hospital Guild. I have served as a Volunteer for Project Dental Health and The Tri-County Dental Health Council.

Having attained over 30 years of clinical experience in private practice in Michigan, in 2001 I was re-certified by taking and passing the Florida State Dental Board Examination. After moving to Florida, I spent nearly 10 years re-honing my skills while working as an Associate Dentist for several large dental groups. In September, 2004, I was appointed Adjunct Clinical Professor at Nova University's College of Dental Medicine. I am certified in placement of Mini Dental Implants, and I am Director of The Florida Implant Center ( On March 1, 2010, at the age of 62, I began all over again by buying a dental practice near my home in the Fort Lauderdale area. As sole owner and Chief Dental Officer of the new Nob Hill Dental Center (, I can now carefully provide dental care to patients who care, all within a caring, joyful environment. Over my career lifetime, I have provided thousands of diagnoses, fillings, crowns, bridges, root canals, periodontal treatments, TMJ therapies, partials, dentures and extractions, and dozens of implants for my patients. The only aspect of dentistry with which I have very little experience is orthodontics.

American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, Atlantic Coast District Dental Society, Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, Alpha Omega Alumni Association, and American Association of Dental Implantologists. Formerly, American Academy of General Dentistry, Michigan Dental Association, Macomb Dental Society, Detroit District Dental Society, Tri-County Dental Health Council (a charitable dental care organization)

"How To Save Money At The Dentist" Going to press soon.

Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Psychology from Wayne State University Doctor of Dental Surgery from University of Detroit College of Dentistry Adjunct Clinical Professor, Special Needs Department, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Membership in The Vedder Honors Society

HIPAA rules do not allow me to post this information.