Dentistry/Root canal

Hi, i had my first (attempted) root canal today. First , there was a mixup with my appt so they worked me in this morning, but i could tell he didn 't have enough time to devote to this, as I was worked in. But, he could only get into 2 of the 3 canals. I believe it was tooth#14. Said the third one was calcified. Ended up putting a temporary filling in it and wants me to come back when he can devote 3 or 4 hours to me. My question is what if he can 't access the calcified canal?  My tooth was hurting before this ; so far the pain seems to be gone. Can i have a permanent filling put in and be fine ? Thank you!

Hi Carol,

I apologize if I have not answered your question. Something is going on with AllExperts. Please let me know if you still need an answer. I think I remember your question and did, in fact, answer it.

Best regards,

Gary Backlund DMD, MSD

Gary Backlund, DMD, MSD

I am an Endodontist ( root canal specialist ) and can answer questions about root canals and their treatment. I cannot diagnose or treat online, but can answer general questions. I have been a specialist for 25 years and am Past President of the Washington State Association of Endodontists.

25 years practicing as a specialist

American Association of Endodonists, Past President Washington State Association of Endodontists.