Dentistry/lip swelling novacaine

Question
I jus recently had 6 cavitiea filled an hour ago i thought my lip was swelling as soon as they gave me the novacainel shots but the dentist said.it looks the same. Ive noticed just the ridge of my lip is a little swollen so it does show some swelling an i allergic or is this normal? Im juat worried that in future i will have a worse reaction like being unable to breath or anything.

Answer
Aaron -  swelling after a numbing injection is not abnormal.  That swelling can last 2-3 days.  For now relax, but if not better in a few days, get back to the dentist.  Swelling once does not mean that additional swelling could occur the next time.  There are so many potential causes.  Leave it alone and it should get better.  If not within a few days, get back to the dentist.  

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired