Dentistry/BRACKETS NOT BONDING

Question
I have been wearing clear braces for 3 weeks & so far 11 brackets have come loose. I am Epileptic and have been on Tegretol CR for more than 30 years & Apo- Clonazepam for 10 years. Plus at least 10 other medications since age 6 years.

No one seems to know why the brackets are coming off and I was wondering if my medications could have any effect on the bonding agent .

I await your responds, thank you.

Answer
Medicine should not affect the bond strength of the composite and adhesive.
Other factors like location of the brackets/occlusion, type of bonding agent and whether the brackets were placed in moisture free environment would affect the bond strength.

-Dr.Kong

Dentistry

John Kong, DDS, www.betterlivingdentistry.com