Dentistry/desperate for dental implants for low income

Dr Fishing k, I am in a similar position as one gentleman you are now working with. I have been per me antsy disabled, have ms and diabetis. Dentures will not stay a minute in my mouth because of much gum and bone loss. I am 61 and in a wheelchair. I have been trying for 10 years to get some help so I might be able to smile and feel alive again. I am so ashamed of my looks and I am not a druggie. Please direct me in a right position.  I am loosing all hope and all reason to live. I feel hopeless. Please help!

Dear Mary,

I know how difficult it is when you are disabled and with very low funds, to find dental care.  I just went to a nursing home to help a disabled 92-year-old, long-time patient with her teeth.

The places to contact first are your local, county and state social service agencies.  There, someone may know of a free or low-cost dental clinic not far from you.

Second, contact your local, county and state dental associations.  In these, someone may be able to guide you to a dentist or dentists who provide free or low-cost services on a case by case basis, or of educational institutions near you who provide free or low cost care in exchange for you allowing their students to be trained using your mouth as their training ground.

Third, contact dental, dental hygiene and dental-assisting schools near you and ask if they treat patients for free or for low fees.

All of this information should be able to be found using Google.

Please let me know where you live and what you learned from your adventures in dentist-finding.  I will use any information you send me to help others in your situation.

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO

I am a Family, Implant and Cosmetic dentist. I will answer questions on any aspect of dentistry and matters relating to the smile, gums, jaws and lower face. Member American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, and Atlantic Coast District Dental Association. I have served as District Council Member of Alpha Omega, as well as serving for one term as its President. I am also a member of The Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, and Mount Sinai Hospital Guild. I have served as a Volunteer for Project Dental Health and The Tri-County Dental Health Council.

Having attained over 30 years of clinical experience in private practice in Michigan, in 2001 I was re-certified by taking and passing the Florida State Dental Board Examination. After moving to Florida, I spent nearly 10 years re-honing my skills while working as an Associate Dentist for several large dental groups. In September, 2004, I was appointed Adjunct Clinical Professor at Nova University's College of Dental Medicine. I am certified in placement of Mini Dental Implants, and I am Director of The Florida Implant Center ( On March 1, 2010, at the age of 62, I began all over again by buying a dental practice near my home in the Fort Lauderdale area. As sole owner and Chief Dental Officer of the new Nob Hill Dental Center (, I can now carefully provide dental care to patients who care, all within a caring, joyful environment. Over my career lifetime, I have provided thousands of diagnoses, fillings, crowns, bridges, root canals, periodontal treatments, TMJ therapies, partials, dentures and extractions, and dozens of implants for my patients. The only aspect of dentistry with which I have very little experience is orthodontics.

American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Broward County Dental Association, Atlantic Coast District Dental Society, Vedder Honors Society, Broward Dental Research Clinic, Alpha Omega Alumni Association, and American Association of Dental Implantologists. Formerly, American Academy of General Dentistry, Michigan Dental Association, Macomb Dental Society, Detroit District Dental Society, Tri-County Dental Health Council (a charitable dental care organization)

"How To Save Money At The Dentist" Going to press soon.

Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Psychology from Wayne State University Doctor of Dental Surgery from University of Detroit College of Dentistry Adjunct Clinical Professor, Special Needs Department, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Membership in The Vedder Honors Society

HIPAA rules do not allow me to post this information.