Dentistry/loose gums, year after extrations

What causes, and what can be done about, loose tip on top of lower gum, that causes pain when dentures are put in even after a year or so after teeth extractions?

Leoma -  Of course, I cannot be sure without examining you, but it sounds like the denture is not sitting correctly.  It is obviously irritating the gum tissue.  You need to get back to the dentist to adjust the denture.  Do not wait.  If left alone you could even get an ulcer there.

I wish you well and hope you are better soon.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude