ok im new to this and have no idea what to do but im starting to become very desperate and need any help i can get. i have a very bad underbite and i have no money. my lower jaw is starting to hurt more often and makes is very difficult to eat. i know i need jaw surgery so i was wondering if you could help me out and let me know if you know of anyone in wisconsin who will do it for cheap??? thanks, hope to hear back from you.


Tanya - Having done a little research on your state, there are two residency programs in oral and maxillofacial surgery. I am not sure of their policy, but often these facilities provide an access for surgery at a lower fee.

They are:

1) Gundersen Lutheran - Lacrosse - (608) 775-2260

2) Medical College of Wisconsin - (414) 805-5781

Call the above and ask for an evaluation.  The residents in the residency program are assisted by providing patients.

Good luck, I hope they can help you.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired


I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.


Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

Awards and Honors
National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude

©2017 All rights reserved.