Dentistry/Post-Extraction numbness

Question
Hi. I've had teeth extracted before. Yesterday afternoon I had my eye teeth removed to prevent future oral complications. It's been almost 24 hours and the roof of my mouth is still numb. The only thing I can feel is a very slight throbbing. I was wondering if this is normal for the extraction of eye teeth?

Thank you very much for your time, and I hope you ave a great day!

Answer
hello Erica and thank you very much for your good question. It's Not really normal to have continual numbness for that long a time however it's not impossible. ? any kind of nerve damagecould have caused the problem. Most likely it  will regenerate if there was any damage there and it will continue to feel better and better. At this stage I wouldn't worry too much about it if it continues for a week and I would have it checked again but I think it will probably be ok. The roof of the mouth  has many nerve endings and it doesn't take much of an injury in order to cause a little bit of a problem. But don't worry I'm sure if it will probably be fine.

Dr. Karmen

Dentistry

Thomas Karmen