Dentistry/worn crown

Question
I had crowns put onto my front teeth about 10 years ago and have never had any issues until now. On one of the front lower teeth the enamel (or what ever it is) has worn off and the metal is showing. At present this area is only about the size of  pin point and not really noticeable but why concern is will this continue to wear off and is there any repair possible? My Dentist retired several years ago.

Answer
Dear Ted:
Sorry to hear of your trouble.  However, it is actually important to find out what caused the porcelain to wear, or fracture and expose the metal.
No harm is usually done, since nothing will decay.  However, esthetically it is an eyesore.
There are limited ways or repairing the porcelain with bonded composite.  The metal can actually be opaqued underneath and one might never be able to tell a repair was performed, however, as I said, without knowing what happened, the repair might fracture as well.
Since your dentist retired, it is time to find a new one and start a proper relationship with a dentist and a hygienist.
Best of luck,

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.