Dentistry/Bitter,taste in mouth

Hi. I woke up a few days ago when I was on vacation with a bitter taste in my mouth. It varies in intensity.  I had a dental check up with X-rays in July and was told everything was fine. In the past year I have had 2 osseous surgeries. One had regeneration. I don't know who to go to, My family physician, my general dentist or my periodontist?  It seems to be coming from my tongue but it is very hard to figure out. Have you ever heard of anything like this?  Thank you.

hi lee,
it is not unusual.
my suggestions:
1) go to a periodontist and get your teeth and gums cleaned.
2) make sure you use a tongue cleaner once a day.
3) if you are using a hand sanitiser, then avoid touching your face and mouth with hands(the spirit in it can cause the altered taste)
4) keep your nails trimmed and clean.
5) wash your hands with a mild soap.

i hope i have been of some help here.
best wishes

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)