Dentistry/Bitter,taste in mouth

Question
Hi. I woke up a few days ago when I was on vacation with a bitter taste in my mouth. It varies in intensity.  I had a dental check up with X-rays in July and was told everything was fine. In the past year I have had 2 osseous surgeries. One had regeneration. I don't know who to go to, My family physician, my general dentist or my periodontist?  It seems to be coming from my tongue but it is very hard to figure out. Have you ever heard of anything like this?  Thank you.

Answer
hi lee,
it is not unusual.
my suggestions:
1) go to a periodontist and get your teeth and gums cleaned.
2) make sure you use a tongue cleaner once a day.
3) if you are using a hand sanitiser, then avoid touching your face and mouth with hands(the spirit in it can cause the altered taste)
4) keep your nails trimmed and clean.
5) wash your hands with a mild soap.

i hope i have been of some help here.
best wishes

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS