Dentistry/irritated jaw/left side of mouth

Question
i do have a wisdom tooth on the bottom left that has or is coming in although at 37 i assume i am passed the stage of them still wanting to come in and i understand even if it has come in fine it can still cause a problem but the pain i am having i was able to figure was occurring where the jaw/mouth opens when i open my mouth there is no pain but when i close it there is some irritation i do not have a photo and i am not necessarily concerned its cancer but it is somewhat painful i do have some tmj issues which it could have caused this and also on the same side above the pain is a broken tooth that would seemingly be the culprit i guess it could be a lesion from that tooth cutting the back near the wisdom tooth but the pain at least when i put my finger on the area seems isolated on the left jaw opening area hahaha you know what i mean so i hope i am assuming correctly that its some sort of irritation or lesion do to the broken tooth coming in contact i guess i am mainly worried that the wisdom tooth although not painful anymore it was like over 10 years ago but i am wandering if the wisdom tooth could have grown into the jaw line i don't think so cause it just happened recent not gradual ok thats enough i don't have a photo so i had to ramble

Answer
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your question.  And yes, you were rambling which is ok, and I think I get the gist of your question.

Right now it seems like you are doing a lot of guesswork, as to what may be causing the irritation in your mouth.  Maybe it's your wisdom tooth, or that half broken tooth, maybe this, maybe that.  I would like for you to move from the guessing phase, into the fact finding phase.  This means visiting a Board Certified Dentist to do an evaluation.  Hopefully your Dentist will also take x-rays or do an MRI to get a better sense of what is happening in your mouth.

You also mentioned that you "do have TMJ issues which it could of caused."   It is very possible that your wisdom tooth, and that other half broken tooth are causing you to compensate and to bite down incorrectly.  The longer your bite continues to struggle with these issues, the more likely your TMJ joints will be effected.

I would not wait on this.  Your action plan is to call a dentist in the next day or two and start working on this.

Best Regards,
Jonathan
Patient Point of View  

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble