Dentistry/loose teeth

Question
After many years of much dental work, for the first time I felt a slight movement in my upper front teeth when I bit down. It had never happened before and it has not happened again since that one time. Unfortunately, the dentist who did most of my work is now quite far away from where I live. Should I be concerned about this episode or just assume it might have something to do with a weakness of some sort in my jaw? I know this is not a lot of information, but I am hoping it is just a happening that can be a fluke and can be ignored. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Answer
Dear Harvey:
I am very glad that your work has serviced you for many years and that you have had a good dental experience.
However, there are no flukes in medicine, and especially in dentistry. It is extremely important for you to find out what this "movement" was.  It could have been cement washout around a crown or a bridge.  In that case, it is, unfortunately, a problem.
Since I know nothing about you, I can not possibly speculate any further. The best advice that I can give you is that you must go and see a dentist, have x-rays taken, and have a professional diagnosis.
Please do not delay.  Dental problems become severe very fast and cost more and more if neglected.
Best of luck,

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.