How long, after getting all your teeth pulled out, does the pain generally last??

Cynthia - the length of time until the pain gets better is dependent on the quality of the doctor extracting the tooth, the damage to the surrounding bone during the extraction and the presence of infection.  If pain continues past 3-4 days after the extraction, it is important to get back to the dentist to evaluate and help stop the pain and reverse any developing problem, like an infection.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude