Dentistry/rpd

Question
hi dr. What would be the best treatment plan for a patient who needs to have a removable partial denture (metal framework).
But the patient has periodontal problem. Some of her teeth are mobile and there is bone loss.
For the maxillary the missing is tooth 22, 16, 17
For the mandibular the missing is tooth 46, 47, 32, 36, 37.
Thank you

Answer
Dear Jess:
The proper treatment plan for this patient would be, first and foremost, a proper periodontal evaluation and treatment plan.
It is futile to fabricate a removable denture over teeth that have active periodontal disease.  All that will happen is that the involved teeth will be extracted and added to the denture periodically.  The remaining teeth cannot and will not take the burden of the denture and will fail after a very short period of time.
the best thing to do is to plan for implants which can help take away the burden of the bite from the weaker teeth.  If finances are a problem, then, actually extraction of all compromised teeth is in order.
This is all the information that I can give you.  
To get more specific, you have to go and see a dentist for a proper examination, X-rays and a complete diagnosis.
Best of luck,

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.