Dentistry/Tooth shaved for bridge now sensitive on biting

Question
Greetings sir, I have a problem that I am very concerned about.  Unfortunately I lost the tooth behind my incisor, I believe it is called a "False Molar" but cannot be sure. In any case my dentist decided to give me a bridge, during the procedure he seemed to shave down the incisor to make the bridge fit into my mouth. Now that incisor is sensitive to cold, it also is sensitive whenever I bite down on anything.  

There is no sensitivity otherwise just when biting down and drinking cold beverages.

I am very scared now that THIS tooth will also need to be removed because the dentist took away too much enamel or cracked the tooth, is this possible? If this is the case what are my options? I am worried because currently I have a missing false molar as well as a missing M1 so he is doing two bridges to fix the gaps... but if my incisor has to go too will I have a hole there that cannot be fixed?

Also would the dentist be liable for cracking my tooth during the procedure? And does this sound like a cracked tooth or something that can be fixed with bridge readjustment?  I have spent nearly 6000$ on my teeth and I simply cannot afford anymore, the thought of losing one of my front teeth with no options terrifies me.

Thank you in advance, James

Answer
Thank you Lance for your excellent question.

It is not uncommon for a tooth to be sensitive for this procedure and it should be temporary, what bothers me a little is that it is sensitive to biting so I think it needs an adjustment on your bite.  I also think that in the worse possible thing if you lost it you can still do an implant there.  I do not think you need to panic yet and let your dentist adjust things first. It might take  sometime and perhaps some anti inflammatory medication temporarily will help. I don't think he has done anything wrong but I haven't seen it but for now don't worry, give it some time, talk to your dentist and have it adjusted.

Dr. Karmen

Dentistry

Thomas Karmen