Dentistry/White burned gum between teeth

Question
Hello,
I recently had two cavities filled. They were very deep cavities and the dentist had to use something called an Electro Surge machine. He cut away some of the gum and then bonded the tooth (he tried to explain what he was doing as he went). It's been 4 days and the triangular gum area between the two teeth that were worked on with the cavities is white and painful. Is this normal? Is the gum burned and how can I heal it?

Answer
Dear Caesar:
This is actually normal for this procedure.  Make sure that you are brushing the area Very Very gently!  The bacteria in your mouth is still living and depositing plaque in area.  Gentle removal of the plaque will facilitate healing.  By midweek You should feel much better.  If you do not feel better by Wednesday, please call your dentist.
Best of luck,

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.