Dentistry/Denture Pain

Question
I have my dentures for a year now and had the upper relined twice. I am still struggling with pain, because it does not fit properly, but cannot have a new set made immediately. I use Corega, but the top of my upper denture hurts me. What can I use temporarily on the gums to ease the pain? And maybe any advice on talking problems. Thank you

Answer
make sure the denture is not causing specific sore spots. it can easily be adjusted to make the sores disappear.

i have heard of people putting in benzodent in the denture. it will numb the tissue. this is not good to use for long periods of time. you need to get the denture adjusted and not rely on numbing gel.

call your dentist and get in there for examination and adjustment. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS