You are here:

Dentistry/Denture Pain


I have my dentures for a year now and had the upper relined twice. I am still struggling with pain, because it does not fit properly, but cannot have a new set made immediately. I use Corega, but the top of my upper denture hurts me. What can I use temporarily on the gums to ease the pain? And maybe any advice on talking problems. Thank you

make sure the denture is not causing specific sore spots. it can easily be adjusted to make the sores disappear.

i have heard of people putting in benzodent in the denture. it will numb the tissue. this is not good to use for long periods of time. you need to get the denture adjusted and not rely on numbing gel.

call your dentist and get in there for examination and adjustment. good luck

jeff dalin, dds


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeff Dalin DDS


general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children


Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.

©2017 All rights reserved.