Dentistry/second incisor

My daughter is 7 years old. Her second incisor erupted above her baby tooth. I took her to the dentist he told me not to worry. About 2 months later the baby tooth ell out but the second incisor erupted high in the gum and is now grown out over the gum. He continues to tell me don't worry, but I am it does not look right. And then the other second incisor erupted normally and pushed out the baby tooth but came in with an orange stain in the tooth. Can you please help me.

Debbie -  the eruption of the second incisor into a position that appears to be incorrect, should be corrected.  If the tooth blocks other erupting teeth or it is in a position that disrupts the normal biting or chewing, it should definitely be corrected.

I'm not sure about the orange color stain to the other baby tooth.  It could possibly be from some staining from trapped blood, but usually that discoloration would be gray/black.   

It is a little difficult for me to come up with a reason for these changes.  If you truly want to know, take your daughter to a second dentist for another position.  

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude