Dentistry/anacardic compounds to cure tooth infectios

Question
Dear Dr.  Teig;
       I suspect that a poison, capsaicin in chili pepper, is one of the causes of diabetes, especially in combination with a copper deficiency. I have published this in the 2008 Medical Hypotheses 71 p 323-324, entitled “Does capsaicin in chili cause diabetes?”. You may also see some discussion of this in  http://charles_w.tripod.com/diabetes.html . So it would be a good idea not to recommend chili in diets for patients until such time as the matter is established on animal experiments, or to use capsaicin as a medicine.
      You may see how to increase copper in the diet in  http://charles_w.tripod.com/copper3.html  .

Sincerely,  Charles Weber

Answer
Charles - I am not an endocrinologist or an epidemiologist and I do not truly understand fully the effects of copper on the development of diabetes.  In this day and age, it is type 2 diabetes that is proliferating and it is usually from a lack of weight control at any age.

My suggestion is that you contact The Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston, Massachusetts.  That facility is he number one place in the United States for the treatment of diabetics and the research in developments and cure.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired