Dentistry/anacardic compounds to cure tooth infectios

Dear Dr.  Teig;
       I suspect that a poison, capsaicin in chili pepper, is one of the causes of diabetes, especially in combination with a copper deficiency. I have published this in the 2008 Medical Hypotheses 71 p 323-324, entitled “Does capsaicin in chili cause diabetes?”. You may also see some discussion of this in . So it would be a good idea not to recommend chili in diets for patients until such time as the matter is established on animal experiments, or to use capsaicin as a medicine.
      You may see how to increase copper in the diet in  .

Sincerely,  Charles Weber

Charles - I am not an endocrinologist or an epidemiologist and I do not truly understand fully the effects of copper on the development of diabetes.  In this day and age, it is type 2 diabetes that is proliferating and it is usually from a lack of weight control at any age.

My suggestion is that you contact The Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston, Massachusetts.  That facility is he number one place in the United States for the treatment of diabetics and the research in developments and cure.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude