Dentistry/dental pain

on 1/10/15 I noticed pain from my lower right jaw.  My dentist said my x-rays don't reveal any problem.  He forcefully tapped all teeth on the upper and lower right side and probed for any foreign particles between the gum and tooth.  I suspect the pain may be from a crowned root canal molar.  When I chew on the right side, I get throbbing as well as continual pain.  The dentist suggested I return after two days if the pain persists. This dentist does mostly everything including laser and implants.  If he can't find the problem by tapping and viewing x-rays, what course of action can help me?  I really appreciate your reply, as I am beginning to suspect that he may not be able to identify the tooth or cause of the pain.

hi jamie
i am so sorry for your troubles, dear you have to give me more information here... post your xrays etc
the causes of toothache are numerous and some of them are crazy and scary. so give me more data, and you will hear from asap.
best wishes

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)