Dentistry/Alternative to RCT

Question
My Original Question to you through allexperts.com is as follows
Sir/Madam
1)My grandson is just 6 years and VERY NAUGHTY.For some problem my dentist has advised RCT for 3 baby teeth.But the problem is that he may not cooperate and more trouble may be faced.But Root canal treatment for  teeth in children is a complex procedure requiring lengthy appointments and multiple visits .
2)If alternatively PRIMARY TOOTH IS EXTRACTED  however, space maintainers would have to be used to preserve the space of the extracted teeth.
3)If there is no alternative to RCT In extreme cases, sedation/ general anesthesia may be  an alternative to facilitate RCT
 Xylitol is an  alternative for  patients to  manage recurring cavities easily,.Whether chewing xylitol gum, eating cheese and rinsing with water after meals may all play a role in reducing bacteria, neutralizing acids in the mouth and preventing tooth erosion.
  Whether for a 6 year old boy Xylitol should be taken  as chewing  gum.
   Please help with your answer"
YOU REPLIED(quote)I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.
1)For Question (1)and(2)I requested for a suggestion to Alternative to RCT eg Tooth Extraction with Space Maintainers to preserve the space of the extracted teeth,AS ULTIMATELY PERMANENT TOOTH WILL COME OUT FOR BABY TEETH
2) WHETHER Xylitol can be used  for children  to  manage recurring cavities easily,.Whether chewing xylitol gum, eating cheese and rinsing with water after meals may all play a role in reducing bacteria, neutralizing acid in the mouth and preventing tooth erosion.
  Whether for a 6 year old boy Xylitol should be taken  as chewing gum
         These were the simple things I wanted to know.With thanks

Answer
Dear Kalyan,

Extraction and him wearing a space maintainer is an option for him butmost pediatric dentists can handle the pulpotomies that are performed on children and they are less scary than an extractions.

Chewing sugarless gum accomplishes all the things you mentioned. The only issue is xylitol good for a young child. I am not sure. If your grandson has an issue with developing caries,better homecare and diet play a large role in eliminating this problem.

Dentistry

Lawrence Spindel DDS, www.lspindeldds.com