Dentistry/Jaw surgery done to early

Is there away to correct a cross bite besides getting a 2nd jaw surgery? I got jaw surgery when I was fourteen and the results were great for a few years then I got a cross bite. Apparently I was a rare case where my jaw grew was what I was told. Five years after this surgery they tried putting braces on to fix my bite. However, it didn't work. I hate feeling like I have a mouth full of marbles again. I'm now 34 and do not want to get this surgery again. Is there an appliance an orthodontist can give me?
Thank you,

Dear Toni:
I am so sorry to hear that after all the work and trouble, you are still having troubles with your bite.
Believe it or not, I have actually seen a few situations like yours in my own practice over the years.  Frankly, I am a bit surprised that you had the jaw surgery so early, 14?  Nevertheless, that was twenty years ago, and who knows what the thinking was back then!?.
Yes, there are things that can be done!  Invisalign orthodontics is actually a great option for minor arch expansion in adults (I had this done to Me recently! and I'm very happy).  The problem is that the movement is limited and no-one can possibly suggest a treatment plan over the internet without an examination.
The only other option is usually a prosthodontic reconstruction, which means crowning your teeth.  An option that I rarely consider in a healthy mouth.
The best thing to do is to get an evaluation by an orthodontist and a prosthodontist to get both views of the situation.
Since you are in New Jersey, I'll be more than happy to privately recommend colleagues in your area or just come in when you are in New York City.  You can call my office any day during business hours and I'll be glad to speak to you personally.
Best of luck,

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.

I can answer any question from simple routine dentistry to very complex dentistry with emphasis on reconstructive, cosmetic, and implant dentistry. My expertise is in co-ordination of very complex treatment plans with other dental specialists or as a one-man-team, since I have extensive training in Prosthodontics, Surgical Implantology, and orthodontics.

Over a decade in private practice of Surgical Implantology and Prosthodontics. Founder and owner of Prosthodontics & Implant Surgery of Manhattan, PC. Clinical Assistant Professor at the Post-Graduate Department of Periodontics & Implant Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry. Lecture weekly since 1999 on advanced Implant Prosthodontics at New York University College of Dentistry Post-Graduate Program in Periodontics & Implant Dentistry. Former clinical assistant professor of Dental Radiology at the NYU College of Dentistry. Former clinical and lecture faculty at Lincoln Hospital, Dental residency program. Former clinical and lecture faculty at St. Barnabas Hospital (Bronx, NY) dental residency program. Lecture nationally on Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry.

Memeber of the American College of Prosthodontics. Memeber of the Acacdemy of Osseointegration. Member or the Omikron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) Honors Dental Society. Member of the American Dental Education Association.

Graduated with Honors from New York University College of Dentistry. Post-Graduate training and certificate in the specialty of Prosthodontics. Post-Graduate training and ceritificate in Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Dentistry. Honors-program in Comprehensive and Applied Practice Management. Honors-program in Orthodontics.

NYU Cervice award to the community. OKU honor society. National Dean's List. National Who's Who.