My grandson is just 6 years and VERY NAUGHTY.For some problem my dentist has advised RCT for him.But the problem is that he may not cooperate and more trouble may be faced.
Root canal treatment for permanent teeth in children is a complex procedure requiring lengthy
appointments and multiple visits and often requires a full coverage restoration.Whether Sealants can be used or any alternative procedure.With thanks
What is the alternative suggestion.?
Are there are some other options?
There are procedures like Indirect Pulp Treatment-If pulp damage is minimal, it's possible to remove most of the decay (but not the pulp), apply an antibiotic, and then seal the tooth up again; that's referred to as an “indirect” treatment.

Direct Pulp Capping is recommended for “small incidental exposures of the pulp when there is no decay.” Here, the dentist will essentially “cap” the exposure directly using similar materials as mentioned above, to create a dentin “bridge” to seal the exposure.

Pulpotomy-is literally a “partial pulp removal if decay is limited to the upper portion of the pulp, “ recommended” This involves removing the damaged part of the pulp, stabilizing the remaining healthy portion, and then disinfecting and sealing the tooth.This is probably a “partial” root canal is treatment

Pulpectomy-involves complete removal of all the pulp tissue because it is infected. If pulp tissue is infected through the entire tooth structure, a pulpectomy may be needed, which requires the removal of all pulp tissue.This procedure resembles traditional root canal treatment, with removal of all the infected tissue from the root canals
As I am very much worried for my grandson ,please help with your best suggestions.

Dear Kalyan,
It is difficult for me to imagine root canal treatment for a permanent tooth in a child 6 years of age.
At 6 years of age the roots of the permanent teeth are not completely formed making root canal treatment almost impossible.
I strongly suspect that your dentist wants to treat a primary molar tooth.
Also your grandson is not naughty , he is most probably just very very scared and apprehensive, and doing naturally what most children his age would do, cry and scream.
I would be most pleased to help you with advice, but I would first have to see an X-ray of the child's tooth.
Regarding your grandson's cooperation with the dentist, you may have to look for a dentist with a skill level that enables him or her to deal with children who are not mature enough to cooperate with long involved procedures.
Please let me know if I can be of further help
All the best,
Dr. Moss

Stephen J. Moss

I am a professor emeritus at New York University, with a background that includes extensive research, scientific writing and biology. I also am an international consultant in health education, particularly in developing education on new science for health professionals and consumers. I am a past president of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, former head of the NYU Division of Oral Biology and I represent the World Dental Federation at the United Nations. I travel around the world to provide health education to professionals and consumers.

Having retired from New York Universit, where I directed the pediatric dentistry training program, a walk-in dental clinic and research on oral biology, I formalized my professional and consumer health education initiative in the form of Health Education Enterprises. This entity consults and provides information on new science pertaining to oral and general health, particularly leading edge concepts that can be employed in the health professions to improve the public's health. As such, I am an expert in communicating new science and its usefulness to professional and lay audiences alike. I also had a pediatric dentistry practice in New York City for nearly 30 years.

I am affiliated with the American Dental Association, the World Dental Federation, the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Association of Pediatric Dentistry among other formal organizations. My experience has included a research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health and work at the Forsythe Dental Research Center

lpha Omegan USA, Nowa Stomatologia Poland, Journal of Public Health Dentistry, The Journal of the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry USA, News Bulletin Japan, Journal of Marmara University Dental Faculty Turkey, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry Italy, Asian Dentist Singapore, The Journal of the Israel Dental Association Israel, ROBRAC Brazil, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry
Italy, FDI World, STOMA Portugal, Pediatric Dentistry The Philippines, Modern Stomatology Bulgaria, Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry India

I obtained a doctor of dental science (DDS) degree, a master of science degree and am a board certified pediatric dentist.