Dentistry/implant

Question
6years ago I had an implant which has become loose ,my dentist tells me after x.rays that I have had an infection in my upper jaw bone causing a hole loosening the implant , his recommendation is remove the implant and fit a parcial denture
which I don't really want , is there another solution ?is there
anything that could be done to fill the hole and reattach the implant

Answer
hi brian,
get your old implant removed, let the wound heal. go back to your implant doctor and explore ways (if any) to improve the success of new implant. there is nothing in the textbooks that says implants cannot be redone.
cheer up buddy.
best wishes

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS