6years ago I had an implant which has become loose ,my dentist tells me after x.rays that I have had an infection in my upper jaw bone causing a hole loosening the implant , his recommendation is remove the implant and fit a parcial denture
which I don't really want , is there another solution ?is there
anything that could be done to fill the hole and reattach the implant

hi brian,
get your old implant removed, let the wound heal. go back to your implant doctor and explore ways (if any) to improve the success of new implant. there is nothing in the textbooks that says implants cannot be redone.
cheer up buddy.
best wishes


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS


rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.


14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)

©2017 All rights reserved.