Dentistry/baby tooth never replaced with permanent

Question
I had a baby tooth  which finally fell out when I was about 22 and an adult tooth never came in.
My daughter also had one and the dentist recommended that he should extracat it as is will be fused what ever that means in the jaw benefits or ? The tooth was at tthe bottom most likely 28 or 29. The dentist had a  hard time polling it  out as it was quite strong. I still do not believe that it should have  been polled out as there were no problems of any kind  with it. Naturally, the space closed in. The dentist further justified that an inplant can be installed as my daughter becomes and adult.He certainly wasn't going to volunteer to pay for it. Why did he remove it? I know that my dentist loves making money in any way he can. He has done a lot of damage on my teeth and he  never advised me that the crowns will eventually  be gone and that I will loose those teeth whcih held the crowns. Now, I have to  undergo  several inplants and a lot of other  work as a result of him getting rich and me on the  verge of loosing  any teeth which have taken abuse by the dentsist and my not being able to to chew on all my teeth but only the those that could take more strain and now they are going too.

Very dissapointed.

Answer
Mira -  You are not all wrong in your perspective.  If your daughter's tooth was solid and there was not decay or infection associated with the tooth, it should have been left alone.  If the tooth was not in a proper bite, simple procedures can be performed to create better contact in biting.

I think there are quite a few dentists, who like yours, removes healthy solid baby teeth prematurely.  So you are looking at the situation correctly.  

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired