You are here:

Dentistry/How do I find TMJ specialist in Connecticut


I'm interested in reversing my previous orthodontics.  Is there a doctor in Connecticut you that know of who will do this?

Carolan- I'm not sure I know the type of doctor you are looking for.  If it is for reversing orthodontics, it is one type of doctor ( and I need to know if it is the facial change you are unhappy with or the way the teeth line up).  So please get back and let me know what aspect of the orthodontic result you are unhappy with.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired


I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.


Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

Awards and Honors
National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude

©2017 All rights reserved.