I have a slightly chipped tooth, with a very small piece missing. Because it's a little painful to put pressure there and I don't want to break it any more.
But I heard doctors scrap off the surface though to let the material stick, is that true? I don't want my teeth getting scraping any more off than there is.

You need an exam. At that time the dentist will explain what has to be done to fix the tooth.sometimes we could just bond material to the broken tooth. Usually we have to prepare it to accept the newateriala nd emsure it will hold. Either way you need someone to evaluate the tooth to advise you.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.


I`m a practicing general dentist for 29 years. Member of ADA,NYSDA,SDDS. In addition I am a fellow of the ICOI.My emphasis is on Implant Dentistry .I would be happy to answer questions regarding implant dentistry as well as general dental questions. Ofcourse within the limitations of no clinical exam and the absence of radiographs .


Private practice for 29 years. Have kept up to date with continuing education throughout that time.

ADA,NYDSA,SDDS,ICOI fellow,Penninsula Hospital Dental Society

NYU College of Dentistry DDS 1984 NYU College of Dentistry Surgical and prosthetic implantology program 1999-2001

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]