Dentistry/Water pik

Hello, I don't know if you could advise on this or not? But seems you have been so knowledgeable with my previous questions I thought I would give it a try. I have a water pik which you advised me to use for oral hygiene and its great. My sister has been extremely poorly for about 3months now with a constant heavy headache, which has been put down to sinus infection, she is on her 3rd lot of antibiotics which end in 5 days. I can't stress how this is interfering with her daily living. Doctor says will send to ENT (ear nose throat) if there's still no relief. This has been going on for 3months now. I was wondering as I did read somewhere that some people use a water pik to carry out a sinus wash? As apparently Doctors don't offer this service anymore in the UK that is. I would give anything to relieve her of this misery, do you think it is an ok thing to do? Thank you so much for your time, I feel Dentists know more about the sinus area then most docs anyway? Kind regards Sx

I do not believe that the waterpik should be used for a sinus wash. There are commercially available (Neti pot is one) . I have added a link below to decribe this technique.  Just copy and paste it  into your browser.  

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics