Dentistry/Water pik

Question
Hello, I don't know if you could advise on this or not? But seems you have been so knowledgeable with my previous questions I thought I would give it a try. I have a water pik which you advised me to use for oral hygiene and its great. My sister has been extremely poorly for about 3months now with a constant heavy headache, which has been put down to sinus infection, she is on her 3rd lot of antibiotics which end in 5 days. I can't stress how this is interfering with her daily living. Doctor says will send to ENT (ear nose throat) if there's still no relief. This has been going on for 3months now. I was wondering as I did read somewhere that some people use a water pik to carry out a sinus wash? As apparently Doctors don't offer this service anymore in the UK that is. I would give anything to relieve her of this misery, do you think it is an ok thing to do? Thank you so much for your time, I feel Dentists know more about the sinus area then most docs anyway? Kind regards Sx

Answer
I do not believe that the waterpik should be used for a sinus wash. There are commercially available (Neti pot is one) . I have added a link below to decribe this technique.  Just copy and paste it  into your browser.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/neti-pot-nasal-irrigation-pros-and-cons  

Dentistry

Lawrence Spindel DDS, www.lspindeldds.com