Good day to you, Mr Spindel,

I have two short questions for you:

1. Is there a safe home remedy that can make teeth look a bit brighter? Just to milden a bit their dark colour due to coffee, food etc. No exaggerating. Never done anything before.

2. The gums of two teeth have receded and created sensitivity to cool (cold, too), acidic and sweet liquids or, for example, honey, marmelade by exposing a small part of the lower tooth. Is there a product that restores them to natural? Does this indicate that more of my teeth will become so, and how can I prevent it? Any other suggestion would be really helpful.

For your information, I brush my teeth twice a day with ELMEX and use dental floss six times a week. I also use Elmex Gelee once a week.

Thank you for your precious knowledge and time.

Have a nice day.

Crest Whitestrips work as well as Opalescence GO. Any product with carbamide peroxide or peroxide gel will work.  Recession is a more complicated problem and usually needs a dentist's assistance. Receded worn teeth can be filled or sometimes covered with connective tissue grafts. Why not visit a dentist to find out which option would work best for you.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics