Simple question.  What is the charge for a tooth extraction?

Mr B.

Mr b - that is probably the most difficult question for me.  There is such a different fee charged for different teeth, teeth with decay, teeth with cracks, teeth that are under the gum, teeth in the front of the mouth, teeth all the way back in the mouth.  The age of the person and their medical history also affects the fees due to the special treatment that is necessary.

I am not trying not to answer your question, but not only is it difficult for me to answer that question, every state in the US is different and every country in the world charges different fees.  Sorry I cannot be more specific.  My suggestion is that you contact the local, province or country's dental society and ask them the fees for a specific extraction.  They should give you a range appropriate for where you live.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude